|| B u t t e r f l y
||Benjamin THERY <oxben_AT_free_fr>
||v1.6.2 (June 2006)
||BeOS R5 for Intel
Butterfly is a picture browser
the translators for displaying bitmap images. It was inspired by
Sea, a DOS picture browser. Its aim is to allow easy and fast browsing
of an important number of pictures.
This program is provided
We take no responsibility for any damage or consequences directly
or indirectly, intentionally or unintentionally, which may arise
from using this program -YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
for BeOS 5.x Intel (99ko)
Release 1.6.1 for BeOS
1.5.1 for BeOS 5.x Intel (99ko)
1.4 for BeOS 5.x Intel (83ko)
1.3 for BeOS 5.x Intel (74ko)
Release 1.2.2 for BeOS 5.x
If you have problems to download the package with IE or
Netscape try the zipped
package of the latest release.
- File system browsing
- Drag-and-drop support (resolve symb link)
- Dynamically resize bitmaps to fit in the window
- Zoom-In and Zoom-Out
- Convert and Save to others formats
- Pan using the mouse
- Mouse wheel support to browse images
- Backgrounds support
- Multi-lingual support : english, french, russian,
brasilian-portuguese, italian, spanish, euskera, german
You can either use the mouse or the keyboard to browse.
To enter in a directory, double click it or press
path is displayed in the status bar.
To display an image file, click on its name, use the
keyboard arrows or the mouse wheel to highlight it.
Drag'n'Drop is supported in different manners. You
can drag an image file's icon
on Butterfly's icon to launch it. You can drag an image file's icon or
a directory to
Right-clicking in the picture view opens a popup menu
different options (see below).
||Reset zoom factor to 100%
|[Space] or .
||Toggle real fullscreen mode (nothing but the
||Move up within the file list
||Move down within the file list
||Go to the parent folder
||Delete the selected file
|Shift + Arrow
||Move the picture in the given direction
|Left Mouse Button
||Pan the picture around
|Right Mouse Button
||Display the popup menu
||Translate and save the current image to another
|Set Current Desktop
||Set the current desktop background image
|Set All Desktops
||Set all desktop background images
||Open the preferences panel
Version 1.6.2 (June 2006)
- Memory leak fixed (thanks to Axel Dorfler).
Version 1.6.1 (Nov 2001)
Version 1.6 (Oct 2001)
- German translation by Finn Bastiansen.
- Mouse wheel support! Use your mouse wheel to browse
the images of the current folder.
Version 1.5.1 ( Jan 25th, 2001)
- It is now possible to browse images stored on non-BFS
read-only support (cdrom...).
- Swap to fullscreen with tertiary mouse button
- Files passed on the command line or dragged to the
application are now properly selected in the list.
- Other minor changes.
Release 1.5 (Dec 6th, 2000)
- Brasilian-portuguese translation by Leonardo Rota-Rossi
- Italian translation by Mario Lupi
- Spanish and Euskera/Basque translations by Xabier Urrutia
- A bit more font sensitive
- The loading window is only shown when the image
loading process is a bit long (big images)
- The status bar's color is updated in real-time when
modified in the preferences window
Release 1.4 (Nov 24th, 2000)
- Russian translation by Oleg V. Kourapov a.k.a 2sheds
we would be happy to had new languages to Butterfly,contact us if you speak german,
italian, spanish, japanese, greek... and want a localized version of
- [Backspace] is a new keyboard shortcut to go to the
- Drag'n'drop : folders can be dropped on the program's
- Bug fixed : opening the convert panel with no file
loaded freezed the application
- Bug fixed : window's size saved when quitting in real
fullscreen mode was invalid.
If you're stuck in fullscreen mode with release 1.4,
you can edit the attributes of the file
home/config/settings/Butterfly_settings with DiskProbe to solve the
Release 1.3 (Oct 23th, 2000)
- Sources modified to support internationalization
: french translation available.
Language can be selected in the preferences window.
If anyone wants to see support for other languages
please contact us.
- Remember window's size and position, as well as
fullscreen and auto-fit modes
- Removed the blue focus line in the navigation view,
plus minor interface fixes
Release 1.2.2 (Oct 3rd, 2000)
- Files can now be deleted from Butterfly. It can be
useful if you use it to select/sort large number of images
- Pressing zoom keys (+/-) while in Auto fit mode,
bring you back to normal mode
- Somes fixes
Release 1.2.1 (Sept 24th, 2000)
- Files and directories are now ordered alphabetically
- Swapping from fullscreen mode to window mode with
fit on now works properly
- Code improvements
Release 1.2 (Sept 22nd, 2000)
- Ugly bug corrected : previous version couldn't open
directories with more than 128 image files
Release 1.0b2 (?????????????Oct 24th, 1999)
- Aesthetic changes
- Better support for drag'n'drop : images can now be
Butterfly icon in the Tracker.
- Command line argument passing is also supported :
- HTML documentation
- Use [space] to swap between window mode and
full screen mode
Release 1.0b1 (Oct 24th, 1999)
- Redraw zoom factor when new image loaded
- Reset zoom to 100%
Release 0.9.0 (Oct 16th, 1999)
- Add 'Set as Desktop image' feature
- Remove some bugs
- Add a preference panel
- Pan using the mouse
- Convert to other formats
- Pop-up menu
Release 0.2.0 (March 8th, 1999)
- Zoom In/Out
- Keyboard scrolling
- Drag'n Drop anywhere in the window
- vertical scrollbar dimension bug removed
Release 0.1.0 (March 8th, 1999)
- drag-and-drop support.
- enhance display
for his translator
routines used in the
Oleg V. Kourapov
for the russian translation.
from the BeOS User Group Rio de Janeiro for the brasilian-portuguese
Mario Lupi for
the italian translation.
for the Euskera/Basque and spanish translations.
for the german translation.
Feel free to contact us.
Copyright ©1999-2006 - TheRy Brothers - All rights